12560 Palm Drive, Desert Hot Springs, CA 92240
|Monday|| 09:00am — 05:00pm |
|Tuesday|| 09:00am — 05:00pm |
|Wednesday|| 09:00am — 05:00pm |
|Thursday|| 09:00am — 05:00pm |
|Friday|| 09:00am — 05:00pm |
Reviews about Dr. Richard S. Kyaw, MD
- Cara CrossOct, 20 2018★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆Went to this place and provided a disk that shows what's wrong with my back. They said it didn't tell them anything but they never even looked at the disk... Gave me medication that doesn't even help... I have tried calling them back with a list of doctors I used to see because that's why they asked for and their phone has been busy every time.
- Christina EllisonMar, 10 2018★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆After having no insurance for almost a year, I was very excited to be getting my physical and starting treatment again with this new doctor. I have been out some of the medications that I need for a while and was looking so forward to beginning to feel better again. On appointment day, I was called back to an open desk area by a medical assistant to complete paperwork and to answer questions BEFORE triage or seeing the doctor.
As I was filling out papers, I came to a disclosure that asked me to sign underneath a paragraph stating that I'd agree not to yell, curse, break or throw things. I mentioned that I'd never seen a disclosure like that, while signing it, because of course I won't behave that way, and the assistant said "well this IS Desert Hot Springs and we get a lot of different types here". I was disturbed at this comment and the boldness with which it was made. To my face. My thoughts were wow, I live here and that doctor CHOSE to open a practice here and I'll assume the assistant CHOSE to work here, too.
A few pages later, I happened upon a disclosure stating that the Dr. does not treat conditions or prescribe medication for sleeplessness, pain, anxiety or depression. I said that I'd never seen a disclosure like that and that these are symptoms of several conditions that a G. P. ought to see frequently as well as treat! I explained that with fibromyalgia, one
of the medications I need is an antidepressant and that it's a standard treatment for it, not because of depression but because of how it works on nerve pain and the brain for muscle pain. She AGAIN disparaged the community and the people of Desert Hot Springs by saying "around here we don't know who might be just trying to get drugs so the doctor won't treat that type of person". Excuse me? Wow.
Every doctor in every town will come across people who are addicted to something. But a good doctor knows the right questions to ask and knows how to verify a history. And a good doctor and his staff know better than to disparage the very community in which he serves.
I stopped filling out the papers, as badly as I needed to see a doctor, because I was fighting back tears. I felt insulted and ashamed and let her know that I would never want to trust my health or care to a doctor with such blatant disrespect and apathy for patients because of where we live or the fact that people may have conditions with symptoms that are erroneously associated with shame. I won't defend my town because I shouldn't have to. I'll only say that there are many good people here from all walks of life will deserve to be treated if they're sick, regardless of their income or history. A good doctor should have some background in the human condition and be able to discern and treat all types of people. If he wants to treat only a certain demographic, he should specialize in plastic surgery. They hand out pain meds and valium aplenty to the wealthiest of us.
Photos and maps
- Palm at EstrellaEstablishment, Bus station, Transit stationUnited States, Desert Hot Springs, CA 92240
- Barbour Clayton, MDEstablishment, Health, Doctor12520 Palm Drive, Desert Hot Springs, CA 92240+1 760-676-5800
- Centro Medico Desert Hot SpgEstablishment, Health12520 Palm Drive, Desert Hot Springs, CA 92240+1 760-676-5240
- Borrego Health | Borrego Health Specialty Care CenterEstablishment, Health12520 Palm Drive, Desert Hot Springs, CA 92240+1 760-676-5800
- Family Care Urgent Care Medical ClinicEstablishment, Health12560 Palm Drive, Desert Hot Springs, CA 92240+1 760-251-3401
Weather in Desert Hot Springs
|Sep, 20 2021 03:00am||31 ℃|
|Sep, 20 2021 06:00am||27 ℃|
|Sep, 20 2021 09:00am||23 ℃|
|Sep, 20 2021 12:00pm||24 ℃|
|Sep, 20 2021 03:00pm||27 ℃|
|Sep, 20 2021 06:00pm||32 ℃|
|Sep, 20 2021 09:00pm||35 ℃|
|Sep, 21 2021 12:00am||34 ℃|
|Sep, 21 2021 03:00am||28 ℃|
|Sep, 21 2021 06:00am||28 ℃|
|Sep, 21 2021 09:00am||27 ℃|
|Sep, 21 2021 12:00pm||26 ℃|
|Sep, 21 2021 03:00pm||30 ℃|
|Sep, 21 2021 06:00pm||34 ℃|
|Sep, 21 2021 09:00pm||37 ℃|
|Sep, 22 2021 12:00am||36 ℃|
|Sep, 22 2021 03:00am||29 ℃|
|Sep, 22 2021 06:00am||28 ℃|
|Sep, 22 2021 09:00am||27 ℃|
|Sep, 22 2021 12:00pm||26 ℃|
|Sep, 22 2021 03:00pm||31 ℃|
|Sep, 22 2021 06:00pm||36 ℃|
|Sep, 22 2021 09:00pm||38 ℃|